Lutheran Campus Ministry is honored to offer two scholarships to students!
Application Deadline is April 29th, 2019.
Allye Kohn's family migrated to the United States from Germany. Her father was a baker who started up Kohn's Pan Dandy Bread. John Hutter's family were native Austinites who owned Hutter's General Store. John and Allye Kohn-Hutter were life members of St. Martin's Lutheran Church in Austin, Texas. The scholarship fund has been established under their joint Will for "worthy Lutheran Students attending the University of Texas at Austin."
Amount of Scholarships
Scholarship awards up to $3,000 per academic year, but not exceeding an aggregated amount of $12,000 for the student's school career, may be granted to any worthy Lutheran student, subject to Committee Approval and availability of funds.
Terms, Policies, and Regulations
- A scholarship grant may be made to a student only if the student is a member of a Lutheran Church when the student applies for the scholarship grant, as certified by a pastor of a Lutheran Church, in writing, accompanying the application.
- Student must attend the University of Texas at Austin.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student (12 hours for undergraduate or 9 hours for graduate).
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 and provide a current original, official transcript or if incoming freshman, must have a minimum overall "B" (85) average at gradation and provide an original, official copy of high school transcript.
- Funds received from the scholarship must be used only to maintain the student while attending the University of Texas at Austin.
The recipients will be chosen on the basis of the following criteria:
Citizenship/Character - activities, accomplishments, and recommendation
Financial Need - May Be Considered
If scholarship is to cover more than one semester's needs, the proceeds may be disbursed in two equal amounts; one in August and one in December. Funding will be made directly to the University of Texas at Austin.